About Me

My photo
I'm Canada's favourite lightning spirit!

Wednesday 20 June 2012

ASTR: A Summer To Remember

Summer is often overhyped. Last year, a lot of my friends were disappointed because it didn't live up to their expectations. All I can really say to that is "Of course nothing happened. You didn't do anything!" And even if you do something, you'll still end up feeling empty because it still doesn't live up to the hype. To me, summer is what you make of it. Personally, last summer was the best I've ever had and this summer is going to be no different, if not maybe even a little better.

So what exactly made last year so enjoyable for me? The pleasant surprise that came in the form of the fighting game genre. Prior to last summer, I was a little intimidated by the technical proficiency that was required in players. All I ever knew about fighting games was button mashing, and anyone can get bored of that. And then Mortal Kombat came out in 2011, and it single handedly gave me a fascination with fighters. Naturally, that took up a huge chunk of my summer, and I still hunt tirelessly for stronger opponents online and offline.

This summer I'm hoping to hang out with some friends and build stronger relationships with old and new friends alike. There are also a few games I'm hoping to play, such as Dragons Dogma and the Uncharted series, just to name a few.

This summer, I'm really just looking for some adventure every once in a while, whether they're big or small is immaterial to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment