About Me

My photo
I'm Canada's favourite lightning spirit!

Monday 30 July 2012

Hear VILE say "like" and "um" 500 times!

Now that my next batch of Project Dark videos are ready for uploading tomorrow morning, I can't help but still be caught in the habit of saying "like" and "um" after nearly every other sentence. In my walkthrough, the commentary I make is actually recorded live as I watch the playback. I believe that the main reason I tend to stutter and drone on and on is because of flaws in my current system. That's why, starting in my next batch, I've decided to change my method of commentating.

When I first started doing recordings, my form of commentary was done live as I was playing the actual game. However, the process was a bit difficult, as I was (and evidently still am) terrible at multitasking. But since Project Dark takes more concentration than your average game, I've opted for "post recording" commentary. And yet my dialogue still comes out as forced and disorganized, and is therefore not an enhancement to my videos.

And so here I am, searching for a new solution. 9 parts into the walkthrough, I've decided to try writing out my commentary after recording, and then reading off of it during my post record commentating. It sounds a bit lame right now, but this can definitely help bypass my occasional disorganized wording and will also give my brain a little more room to help me enunciate my words so that the commentary will be more enthusiastic. I believe that this will be a strong stepping stone on my way to improving the quality of my projects, and becoming a much more genuine sounding speaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment