About Me

My photo
I'm Canada's favourite lightning spirit!

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Ultimate Spiderman! My thoughts

It looks like the Ultimate good guy just got a little more Ultimate!
My friend introduced me to Disney XD's new cartoon series for everyone's favourite webhead, and it's now one of the most entertaining shows I've seen this summer. It's a fun, zany show, chock full of fan service for even some of the biggest followers of the Marvel universe. While at times the show's humour may seem over the top and incredibly cheesy at times, at it's core it's an enoyable romp with Spiderman and younger versions of  4 heroes that have become all but forgotten in the storm of Hulks, Wolverines, and Iron Men.

Perhaps the drawn out humour also works for the shows benefit, with Spiderman often breaking the fourth wall as the narrator each episode, and cutting to some strange fantasy that he cooks up on the spot. It may seem jarring and unnecessary at first, but each cut provides humour through it's varied nature as well as it's shock factor (Nick Fury on the Price is Right? Awesome!). Sometimes if you're going to have a sense of humour, you may as well go all out.

This is also a great way for me to pass the time in between seasons of other shows too!

No comments:

Post a Comment