About Me

My photo
I'm Canada's favourite lightning spirit!

Friday 13 July 2012

Quick update as of FRIDAY THE 13TH

Picked up the Metal Gear Solid HD collection as well as MGS4 for my Ps3 the other day. I finished the remainder of Guns of the Patriots' campaign from when I borrowed it from my friend last year in one sitting, although I'll admit I skipped a large chunk of all the cutscenes (I know, shameful).
I'm looking forward to getting started on the HD collection, although I'm already knee deep in video games as it is now that I'm working on "Project Dark" as well as still being addicted to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Not to mention that I still have the overpowering desire to challenge the fighting game community inside of my town as well, so as you can see, I'm swamped and I'm loving every minute of it.

My sister recently bought Epic Mickey for the Wii. I was interested in the game when it was announced back in 2010, but my attention was turned to other things by the time the final product was released. Now that I'm seeing the game in action, I'm looking forward to getting a chance at playing it.
One of the biggest critiques for the title was that the camera would be insufferable at times. However, instead of apologizing the developers defended the quirky camera by claiming "the players weren't playing it right". In my view, this is a lame excuse. I'm reminded of every other platformer game I've ever played, and there was no such thing as "playing it wrong". In Super Mario Sunshine, there was no wrong way to reach a shine, there were only variations of ways. When you're a little kid like I was when I played that game, I played however I wanted and had fun when I did. Developers need to remember to keep their games accessible, especially if said game was geared towards a younger audience.

I've already uploaded the first 6 parts of "Project Dark", although they're not without their own fair share of issues. You see, the game is very dark and I didn't make any adjustments to the ingame brightness setting because I was fine with the way it was. The footage still looked perfectly clear on my computer, it's just that when I uploaded them to Youtube, things became super dark. I've already used Youtube's option to brighten the video, but it only does so much. The best I can do is advise the viewers to view the first 6 videos in full screen mode, that way the game environments will look much clearer.
The continuation of "Project Dark" will be happening next week, hopefully.




No comments:

Post a Comment